Building record TR 26 NE 1259 - Former Methodist Chapel, Down Barton Road, St Nicholas at Wade, Thanet

Summary

Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Down Barton Road built in 1777, rebuilt in 1832 with brick walls and a gabled front of three bays with small blind upper windows as if for a potentail gallery. Disused in 1974.

Location

Grid reference TR 2627 6652 (point)
Map sheet TR26NE
Civil Parish ST NICHOLAS AT WADE, THANET, KENT

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

The former Methodist Chapel in St Nicholas at wade was built in 1822. It is shown on the 1862-75, 1897-1900, 1907-23 and 1929-52 maps. It has since been converted into a residential property and is shown on the current O/S map as The Old Chapel.

Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Down Barton Road built in 1777, rebuilt in 1832 with brick walls and a gabled front of three bays with small blind upper windows as if for a potentail gallery. Disused in 1974. (1)


<1> Christopher Stell, 2002, An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Eastern England (Bibliographic reference). SKE58544.

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Christopher Stell. 2002. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Eastern England.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Feb 12 2026 1:21PM