Building record TQ 55 NW 438 - United Reform Church, St John's Road, Sevenoaks

Summary

Church. Main construction : 1865. Designated a Locally Listed Building by Sevenoaks District Council.

Location

Grid reference TQ 5312 5596 (point)
Map sheet TQ55NW
County KENT
Civil Parish SEVENOAKS, SEVENOAKS, KENT
District SEVENOAKS, KENT

Map

Type and Period (2)

Full Description

Built in the gothic style in 1865 of Kentish ragstone. Architect John Tarring. Remodelled internally in 1991. Tall tower, mature landscaping and surrounding ragstone walls. The tower incorporates an attractive clock face (1)

Congregational chapel built in 1865-6 by John Tarring. The walls are faced with Kentish ragstone with Bath stone dressings. The front is gabled and has a central tower of three stages above the entance with parapet and corner pinnacles and the side walls have separately gabled windows. (2)


<1> Sevenoaks District Council, Sevenoaks District Council Local List of Heritage Assets (Index). SKE53505.

<2> Christopher Stell, 2002, An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Eastern England (Bibliographic reference). SKE58544.

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <1> Index: Sevenoaks District Council. Sevenoaks District Council Local List of Heritage Assets.
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Christopher Stell. 2002. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Eastern England.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Feb 12 2026 12:46PM