Building record TR 23 NW 160 - Folkestone Central station
Summary
Location
| Grid reference | TR 219 362 (point) NBM |
|---|---|
| Map sheet | TR23NW |
| Civil Parish | FOLKESTONE, SHEPWAY, KENT |
| County | KENT |
| District | FOLKESTONE AND HYTHE, KENT |
Map
Type and Period (1)
Full Description
Folkestone Central station.
From The National Monuments Record:
Station opened in September 1884. Originally called Cheriton Arch, the name was changed to Radnor Park in 1886, and Folkestone Central in 1895. The concourse was completely modernised to a design by NGT Wikeley in 1968. (1-2)
Historic England archive material: RO/06481/001 A view of Folkestone Central Station looking towards the platform canopies
<1> H. P. White, 1964, A Regional History of the Railways of Southern Britian Vol. 2 (Monograph). SKE32114.
<2> G. A. Buck, 1992, A Pictorial Survey of Railway Stations (Monograph). SKE54788.
Sources/Archives (2)
Finds (0)
Protected Status/Designation
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 21 2023 2:41PM